Amateur blog – Lewis-Anderson.com
Amateur Blog – and how to get started.
Amateur blogging has taken over the traditional mainstream media in today’s world. Today you can just pick up a computer, laptop, or phone, sign up for an email, sign up for a blogging or YouTube account and start reaching anyone else in the world with an internet connection.
That is a potential of four billion users. Back in the day you would have to raise millions to reach that kind of audience or even be shown on TV.
Today a 7-year-old does it by opening toys to a massive audience of twenty-five million, more than any stadium can hold.
So of course, amateur blogging was bound to become a massive hit and it is only getting bigger.
1. First you would need to buy a domain name, which will be the name of your blog or web address, so this one is https://lewis-anderson.com the domain is lewis-anderson.com. I can use that domain for a website, emails and many other webservices online. You can buy a domain from here:
To get an idea of your website, hosting and domain names take this as an example for property houses and addresses.
Imagine a completed building site with three hundred plots, it has the houses you want the post man to find, but you cannot tell them “Hey my houses are here from plot 1 to 300” they won’t know where to go and the people who want to send letters won’t know where to send them.
You need to give them an address that everyone can read easily and define the difference from every other address. Just like we give hosting a domain name, we must give the houses an address.
3. So hosting, you want to look for or ask for a managed VPS, with cPanel and Softaculous available. You can happily start with the cheapest VPS available as you will only be running one amateur blog.
The higher packages are for more advanced users and faster websites, so we do not need to worry about those as amateur bloggers.
4. Once that is all setup you can point your domain name to your hosts IP so like we said before, your host will have a plot number, and we want to give it an address, so we go to where we bought our domain name.
We then enter what is called an “A Record”, so find manage DNS, add an A record, enter your hosts IP address, and leave the name blank, or if you want your website on www. Enter www. In the field that say’s name. Then add or save what you have just done.
For a detailed explanation on how to do all this subscribe to my YouTube channel:
5. So, after we have our host named, i.e., lewis-anderson.com we can use cPanel to install our amateur blog.
Within cPanel go to Softaculous script installer, find WordPress, and install it, just fill out the details and install the website.
6. Once installed you can login and start blogging. For a more detailed step by step, I will create a video series on my YouTube channel so please subscribe to my newsletter to stay in contact.
But from here on you will want to make the website legal, secure, and compliant before adding any content.