Blog to start blogging! Here are 20 reasons to start blogging NOW.
- Blog to remain live. Blogger has extended the blogging life span. All blogs started in 2007 and beyond now have a 2-year grace period of not needing to be renewed.
- Blog to have fun! Blogging really is fun. Oh. My. God. It’s so much fun that you can’t stop. Sure, there are times when you feel like you have nothing to write about but most days you write about things you never even considered before. You learn about your kids, your friends, your relatives, the town you live in, celebrities, and even yourself.
- You can find things to write about everywhere. Just go to a grocery store. You can write about how ridiculous we have become with our obsession with our food and our labels.
- Blog to make money. It’s your job. Everyone needs to write. It gives you something to do when you aren’t at work and sometimes you can even make money doing it.
- With your friends, family, and co-workers as readers you never have to take a lonely shower because you know you have a constant source of entertainment.
- You can read other blogs, but never get a super inflated ego because, chances are, you aren’t any better than anyone else.
- Being consistent is a good thing. There is a definite hierarchy among bloggers. We all know what goes on and we all know what doesn’t.
- Blogging is one of the most popular social networks. Sure, you can read about us, but your following is still growing. The more followers you have, the more likely someone else will see your blog. I’ve noticed that an enormous number of bloggers are stalkers in disguise.
- You can tell a lot about a person just by reading their blog.
- Blog to learn. You can learn about politics, music, health, fashion, humour, government, and how to use MSWord. You know how the book is the best way to learn how to do something and how using YouTube is the fastest way to learn how to do something? Well, blogging is the best way to learn how to do something.
- Blog to sell things. You can get rid of unwanted clutter in your life by donating something to someone else. You can even get rid of clutter in your home by donating to a charity. This can be hard to produce ideas but if you try to think of ways that blogging could benefit you and your family, it will pop into your head.
- The blogging community is an interesting one. Not only are there many of us who enjoy writing, but we also have so many people who are so witty and entertaining that you can’t help but enjoy reading their posts. And they can read yours.
- There is no such thing as too many comments on your blog. Yes, I know this is self-explanatory but if you are ever unsure, don’t be afraid to ask questions or leave comments. You cannot tell when you’ll make a new friend.
- You can do it from anywhere. There are so many different blogging platforms. I am currently using Blogger, but I also know a lot of people who use WordPress and other ones.
- Blog to journal. You can write in a journal, but blogging gives you instant feedback. I also like that I can share my journal with everyone and read the thoughts of others.
- You can write in all distinct types of styles. You can write about anything, and no one expects it to be your writing style. It also helps that a lot of the time the people posting are funny.
- It’s not about writing for the sake of writing. It’s about writing for the enjoyment of writing. A lot of bloggers are also storytellers, and you can read their adventures. I’ll post some of my own in the next few weeks.
- There is a community ready to meet you out there. All you must do is join it.
- Blog to express anonymously. You can have some of your deepest, darkest thoughts to yourself. No one must know what you really think or who you really are.
- You get to know people you would have never encounter before. And that means you can get to know them. I’m not one to post a ton about my children. Some blogs are for that, and some people like it. Since I have my own blog, I like it to be more about me than about them. But today is a special day so I’m going to take a moment to give them a shout out. Hey kids!
To celebrate this special day, here is my post about 20 reasons for starting a blog today. You can read about it here.
Writing is a lonely job.
But you do not have to be alone.
Join the community, learn a little more about the blogging world, and remember, if you need any assistance, we are always here.
Until next time, friends!
Sharing is caring